Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The word "FUCK"

Fuck is an English word which, as a verb, literally means to engage in sexual intercourse.In the modern English-speaking world, the word "fuck" is often considered highly offensive.

Modern Usage
The sexual connotation, usually connected to masturbation (in the case of "fuck yourself") is invoked to incite additional disgust, but has nothing to do with the matter of discussion. For example, "Fuck that!" or "Fuck no!"

Examples:
Conversation 1
Joshua:I am the fucking man.
Jossie:Oh!Don't fucking mention that man!
Joshua:None of your fucking business!Shut the fuck up!
Jossie:Fuck! I'll be fuck-off then! Fuck you!

Conversation 2
Boobs:You're one smart fucker!
Dick:Too bad! You're not the fucking bitch...
Boobs:Ya,fucking sad !
Dick:It's ok,I am gonna fucking shoot on you soon...

Conversation 3
Daughter:I got fucked!
Mum:Oh..I guess you really got fucked?
Who's the fucker?
Daughter:He's my FUCKING dad!!!
Mum:What the FUCK!
I am so gonna fuck that fucker!!
Daughter:Mum,do you need me to get you some fucking condoms?

Well,the word "fuck" isn't just used for conversation.
but song's lyrics too...

An example of the flexibility of use of fuck is the song "Mercyfuck" (1998) by the singer/songwriter Mary Prankster:

I wish I could fuck all my sorrow away
And fuck 'til the dawn of the next fucking day
Fuck the chorus and verse, fuck the pain getting worse
Fuck it all 'til I burn
I wish I could fuck so and so's dad 'til you see
I'm the worst fuck-up in all history
Fuck your image and mine, fuck your limp valentine
Fuck it all 'til I learn
______________________________________
HISTORY OF FUCK

Variant #1
In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had F.*.*.*. (Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it. Now you know where that came from.

Variant #2
The word fuck comes from colonial times, when someone would be punished for 'prostitution' It was an acronym for the words


'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge'
FUCK was written on the stocks that held these criminals because For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was too long to go on the stocks.

Variant #3
I always heard that "F.U.C.K." originated in the 1800's in London, when they used to charge prostitutes "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". So officer got sick and tired of writing those, um, lessee, 26 characters, not including spaces, so it got abbreviated FUCK and stuck.

Well,that's it. What do you think?

No comments: